Essential oils are very
concentrated, so it’s important to handle them with care. Please
read these cautions carefully.
- Always read and follow all label warnings and cautions.
- Keep oils tightly closed and out of the reach of children.
- Never ingest essential oils.
- Don’t use undiluted oils on your skin. (Dilute with vegetable
- Skin test oils before using. Dilute a small amount and apply
to the skin on your inner arm. Do not use if redness or irritation
- Keep oils away from eyes and mucous membranes.
- If redness, burning, itching, or irritation occur, stop using
- Avoid use of these oils during pregnancy: bitter almond,
basil, clary sage, clove bud, hyssop, sweet fennel, juniper berry,
marjoram, myrrh, peppermint, rose, rosemary, sage, thyme and
- These oils can be especially irritating to the skin: allspice,
bitter almond, basil, cinnamon leaf, cinnamon bark, clove bud,
sweet fennel, fir needle, lemon, lemongrass, melissa, peppermint,
tea tree, wintergreen.
- Angelica and all citrus oils make the skin more sensitive to
ultraviolet light. Do not go out into the sun with these oils on
- Sweet fennel, hyssop, sage, and rosemary should not be used by
anyone with epilepsy.
- People with high blood pressure should avoid hyssop, rosemary,
sage, and thyme.
Aura Cacia, used with permission.