Once you register and log into Spiritualitea, you’ll be able to log into our chat room as well:
- Just click the “chat room” button in the menu on the left side of the site
- To join the chat, simply click the “Join chat” button
- You can also choose a text color, which you’ll find is a great help in a crowded chat.
- Once you’ve logged in, type your message in the box at the bottom and hit enter or click “Update” to send.
- The messages window will update every five seconds or so (faster if you click on “Update”).
- The newest messages appear at the top of the screen.
- To emote rather than speak, just begin your comment with a semicolon (;). Here’s an example:
Typing in ;walked across the room will appear as Spiritgirl walked across the room
while typing in Hello everyone will appear as Spiritgirl – Hello everyone
- If the messages suddenly disappear and don’t come back for
five seconds or so, just click on “Update.” That should set things
- You can send a private message that will only appear to one person by either selecting that person’s name in the pull-down “send to” menu in chat or by sending them an instant message via the instant message toolbar at the bottom of the site.
- If you receive a private message via the chatroom rather than via instant message, it will appear just above the box
where you enter your messages, but not until the next time you click on
“Update” or send some text.
- When you’re finished, click the “Logoff” button to sign-off.